Subject of the Regulations
These Regulations define the principles, conditions and course of actions planned within the project Academy of Businesswomen Leaders, hereinafter referred to as “the Project”, as well as right and obligations of the Organizer, Partners and Participants of the Project.
Organizer and Partners
The project is realized by the Leslaw A. Paga Foundation, hereinafter referred to as the Organizer.
Goals of the project
- The aim of the Project is to equalize the opportunities of up to 24 young women on the labor market by equipping them with hard business skills (eg. negotiations, business estimation, project management) and elements of development work (communication, self-esteem, giving feedback, assertiveness) supported by meetings with women who play key roles in business organizations, as well as by providing internships opportunities.
- The project accomplishes its goal by providing a group of 24 female students, with at least:
- Remote training program, hereinafter referred to as the Academy
- Co-creation of publication, hereinafter referred to as the Handbook.
- Business networking opportunity, hereinafter referred to as the Final event.
Participants of the Project
- The Project may be attended by last-year female students and graduates up to 27 age of years in law, finance, health care, marketing, IT, energetic, psychology, with special consideration of STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) faculties from CEE Region, hereinafter referred to as Participants.
- The Participants who had successfully passed the recruitment process and took part in the Project, cannot re-apply for participation in subsequent editions of the Project.
Duration of the Project
The duration of the Project is set by the Organizer and announced annually for applicants and Participants not later until the end of July.
The organization of works related to the implementation of the Project is provided by the Coordinator appointed by the Organizer.
- The Recruitment Committees, hereinafter referred to as the Committees, are appointed by the Organizer and each Partner.
- The Committees shall be composed of no more than five members.
- Alumni of Organizer’s previous projects may participate in the work of the Organizer’s Committee in an advisory capacity. The procedure and rules for their appointment are determined by the President of the Organizer’s Committee in agreement with the Organizer.
- The decision regarding qualifications at every stage is taken within a deadline of 14 days from its completion.
- The Organizer may recruit Participants in two stages.
- Each participant in the recruitment procedure is assessed independently by individual members of the Committee in accordance with the evaluation sheet. The decision to qualify or reject an Applicant’s candidacy at subsequent stages is a result of individual assessments obtained by the applicant during the two stages of the proceedings.
- Recruitment process – stage 1:
- The Applicant is obliged to fill an online application form available at least at Organizer’s and Partners’ websites, till the dates announced by Organizer and Partners.
- The Applicant is obliged to read the content of these Regulations. Submitting an application is equal to accepting its terms.
- Submitting an application to the Project consists of filling in a personal questionnaire and answering the questions asked.
- The selection to stage II of the recruitment process in the number of 100 participants (approx. 20 Applicants per partner country) is made by the Committees based on the evaluation of their applications. The Organizer and Partners reserve the right to invite more or fewer people to the second stage of the interviews. The applicants will be informed about qualifying to the second stage via email.
- Recruitment process – stage 2:
- Stage II of the recruitment process involves interviewing by the Committees. The Applicants who had successfully passed the first stage of the recruitment be informed about the place and date of the second stage of recruitment by e-mail or by phone.
- To enter the second stage of recruitment, participants are required to submit university-confirmed status of the student or copy of graduates diploma and the average grade of the last year of study. Failure to submit any of the above documents means resignation from participation in further recruitment process.
- From the participants of the 2nd stage of recruitment, the Committees will select 25 people, hereinafter referred to as Participants, who will be notified about it via email.
- In addition, a maximum of 20 participants of stage II will be enrolled to the reserve list and will be informed about it via e-mail.
- The persons indicated in the subparagraph 17.4. of this paragraph, may obtain the Participant’s status in the event of one of the selected Participants’ resignation from participation or deletion from the list in the case referred to in paragraph.
- Decisions on the matter shall be taken by the Committee within 5 days of receipt of information about the resignation of the Participant.
- Selected Participant is obliged to send to the Organizer, in the deadline indicated by the Organizer and Partners, a declaration of participation in the project (it will be sent by e-mail with a positive decision of the Committees). Failure to provide the above declaration results in deletion from the list of project participants.
- The Committee may grant the status of a free listener in exceptional cases. The number of free listeners cannot exceed 5 people.
General rules of participation of Participants in the Project
- Participation of Participants in the Project is free of charge.
- Participants are obliged to participate in all actions carried out as a part of the Project.
- In the case of:
- resignation from participation in the Project, from all or any part/activities or
- leaving more than 10% of the activities without Organizer’s consent – Participants and free listener are obliged to cover the full cost of the project in the amount of 1 000 EUR immediately, unless the reason for resignation results from objective causes. Such cases will always be the object of the Organizer’s analysis, which on this basis will decide on the possible financial responsibility of the Participant.Organizator nie ponosi odpowiedzialności karnej i materialnej z tytułu zdarzeń mogących mieć miejsce podczas trwania szkolenia.
- Participants are obliged to participate in the activities enumerated in §3. subparagraph 4.1., 4.2., 4.3. and all the additional activities implemented within the project. The dates of activities are set and announce at least on the Organizer’s website. In special cases, the Organizer reserves the right to change the date of activities. Participation in the activities is only for Participants and free listeners (if chosen).
- The Organizer does not bear criminal and material liability for events that may occur during the course of the activities planned within the Project, especially during the Academy.
Program of the Academy
- Program is prepared and set by the Organizer. It matters business, diversity and equality issues. It is implemented thanks to the substantive support of the Partners referred to in §11.
- Any institution that shares and accepts the goals of the Organizer and the Academy may be the Partner of the Academy, hereinafter referred to as “the Partner”. The decision on partnership is made by the Organizer.
- The form and terms of cooperation with the Partner are specified in a separate agreement concluded between the Partner and the Organizer.
The internships – responsibility of the Organizer, Partners and Participants
- The Organizer provides the best Participants with a 2-month internship with one of the Partners.
- The internship offer is presented to the Participants by the Organizer during the Academy. The Participants shall indicate the preferred place of the Internship. The decision on the matter is made by the Organizer together with the Partner.
- The Internship starts in September of the following year after the end of the workshop part of the Program. The date of the internship may be changed by the Organizer and the Partner
- The Participants is entitled to a paid internship, with a monthly remuneration of not less than PLN 3,000 gross, however only the Partners are responsible in this respect towards the Participants.
- The Participants may complete the Internship without remuneration, with the consent of the Participants and the Organizer.
- The Organizer and the Partner do not provide or cover the costs of the Participant’s accommodation during the Internship.
- The Organizer is not responsible for the Internship at Partners’ organizations conditions, in particular the conditions of the internship agreement, which will be concluded between the Participant and the Partner, and its implementation by the parties. The Organizer also does not hold responsibility for any fees and taxes to be paid, which may be required from the Participant in connection with the Internship contract with the Partner.
- The Organizer is not liable in the event of the Participant resignation from the Internship or the factual absence during the Internship. In this situation, the Organizer may invite another Participant to complete the Internship.
Personal data and database
- The Participants and the Partners take note that the Organizer and Partners have the right to inform the media about the course of activities within the Project and irrevocably consent to it..
- The Organizer reserves the right to publish personal data and the image of the Participants, as well as interviews conducted with him in the mass media and he/she irrevocably consent to it.
- The Applicant agrees that the Organizer and Partners will process and put in the project database his personal data contained in the application, which will be used for purposes related to the organization and course of the project and other statutory activities of the Organizer. In justified cases, the data contained in the database may be made available to Partners or other prize funders, at their request. The applicant has the right to inspect and update his personal data.
- Personal data of the Applicants and Participants of the Project are processed and administrated according to the Information clause on personal data processing. Each Partner, Applicant and Participant of the Project is obliged to get acquainted with it.
- Decisions of the Committees and the Organizer in connection with the Project and the implementation of these Regulations, in particular to the qualification of the Participants to the next stages, are final and cannot be appealed from.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make a binding interpretation of the provisions of these Regulations, settle disputes related to its application and all issues related to the Project, without prejudice to the right of the Committee to decide on the qualifications of participants.
- These Regulations are available for inspection at the Organizer’s office and on its website.
- The Organizer is not responsible for the timely delivery of correspondence sent via traditional mail or electronic mail.
- In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code, the Act on the Protection of Personal Data and the Law on Copyright and Related Rights shall apply.