The Regulations of V4+ Academy of Young Business Women Leaders project financed with International Visegrad Fund
Subject of the Regulations
- These Regulations define the principles, conditions and course of actions planned within the project V4+ Academy of Young Business Women Leaders, hereinafter referred to as “the Project”, as well as right and obligations of the Organizer, Partners and Participants of the Project.
Organizer and Partners
- The project is realized by Lesław A. Paga Foundation, hereinafter referred to as the Organizer, in cooperation with Institut pro politiku a společnost, ICM Informační centrum pro mládež Jindřichův Hradec, Republikon Intézet, Novosadska Ženska Inicijativa, hereinafter referred to as the Partners.
Goals of the project
- The aim of the Project is to equalize the opportunities of 25 young women on the V4 + labor market by equipping them with hard business skills (eg. negotiations, business estimation, project management) and elements of development work (communication, self-esteem, giving feedback, assertiveness) supported by meetings with women who play key roles in business organizations, as well as by providing internships opportunities.
- The project accomplishes its goal by providing a group of 25 female students, with:
- Remote training program, hereinafter referred to as the Academy – 80 hours (60 min) of workshops.
- Remote coaching for each participant, hereinafter referred to as the Coaching – 5 hours per person.
- Co-creation of publication, hereinafter referred to as the Handbook.
- Internship opportunity, hereinafter referred to as the Internship.
- Training program, hereinafter referred to as the Follow-up meeting – 18 hours (60 min) of on-site workshops.
- Business networking opportunity, hereinafter referred to as the Final event.
Participants of the Project
- The Project may be attended by last-year female students and graduates up to 27 age of years in law, finance, health care, marketing, IT, energetic, psychology, with special consideration of STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) faculties from universities in the Czech Republic, Poland, the Republic of Serbia, Slovakia and Hungary, hereinafter referred to as Participants.
- The Participants who had successfully passed the recruitment process and took part in the Project, cannot re-apply for participation in subsequent editions of the Project.
Duration of the Project
- The Project is implemented from 01.04.2020 to 31.05.2021, however duration, dates and scopes of activities can be changed by the Organizer and Partners. Each change will be announced for applicants and Participants information.
- The organization of works related to the implementation of the Project is provided by the Coordinator appointed by the Organizer.
- Each Partner appoints contact person who supports Project coordinator and who stays in communication with Participants from partner country.
- The Recruitment Committees, hereinafter referred to as the Committees, are appointed by the Organizer and each Partner.
- The Committees shall be composed of no more than five members.
- Alumni of Organizer’s previous projects may participate in the work of the Organizer’s Committee in an advisory capacity. The procedure and rules for their appointment are determined by the President of the Organizer’s Committee in agreement with the Organizer.
- The decision regarding qualifications at every stage is taken within a deadline of 14 days from its completion.
- The Organizer may recruit Participants in two stages.
- Each participant in the recruitment procedure is assessed independently by individual members of the Committee in accordance with the evaluation sheet. The decision to qualify or reject an Applicant’s candidacy at subsequent stages is a result of individual assessments obtained by the applicant during the two stages of the proceedings.
- Stage I
- The Applicant is obliged to fill an online application form available at least at Organizer’s and Partners’ websites, to send required documentation (CV) to the e-mail address indicated in the online application form and submit application, till the dates announced by Organizer and Partners.
- The Applicant is obliged to read the content of these Regulations. Submitting an application is equal to accepting its terms.
- Submitting an application to the Project consists of filling in a personal questionnaire and answering the questions asked.
- The selection to stage II of the recruitment process in the number of 100 participants (approx. 20 Applicants per partner country) is made by the Committees based on the evaluation of their applications. The Organizer and Partners reserve the right to invite more or fewer people to the second stage of the interviews. The applicants will be informed about qualifying to the second stage via email.
- Stage II
- Stage II of the recruitment process involves interviewing by the Committees. The Applicants who had successfully passed the first stage of the recruitment be informed about the place and date of the second stage of recruitment by e-mail or by phone.
- To enter the second stage of recruitment, participants are required to submit university-confirmed status of the student or copy of graduates diploma and the average grade of the last year of study. Failure to submit any of the above documents means resignation from participation in further recruitment process.
- From the participants of the 2nd stage of recruitment, the Committees will select 25 people, hereinafter referred to as Participants, who will be notified about it via email.
- In addition, a maximum of 20 participants (5 from each Partner) of stage II will be enrolled to the reserve list and will be informed about it via e-mail.
- The persons indicated in the subparagraph 17.4. of this paragraph, may obtain the Participant’s status in the event of one of the selected Participants’ resignation from participation or deletion from the list in the case referred to in paragraph. 17.6. Decisions on the matter shall be taken by the Committee within 5 days of receipt of information about the resignation of the Participant.
- Selected Participant is obliged to send to the Organizer or Partners, in the deadline indicated by the Organizer and Partners, a declaration of participation in the project (it will be sent by e-mail with a positive decision of the Committees). Failure to provide the above declaration results in deletion from the list of project participants.
- The Committee may grant the status of a free listener in exceptional cases. The number of free listeners cannot exceed 5 people.
General rules of participation of Participants in the Project
- Participation of Participants in the Project is free of charge.
- Participants are obliged to participate in all actions carried out as a part of the Project.
- In the case of:
- resignation from participation in the Project, from all or any part/activities or
- leaving more than 10% of the activities without Organizer’s consent
Participants and free listener are obliged to cover the full cost of the project in the amount of 1 000 EUR immediately, unless the reason for resignation results from objective causes. Such cases will always be the object of the Organizer’s analysis, which on this basis will decide on the possible financial responsibility of the Participant.
- Participants are obliged to participate in the activities enumerated in §3. subparagraph 4.1., 4.2., 4.3., 4.5, 4.6. The dates of activities are set and announce at least on the Organizer’s and Partners’ websites. In special cases, the Organizer reserves the right to change the date of activities. Participation in the activities is only for Participants and free listeners (if chosen).
- Activities referred to §3. subparagraph 4.4. – internships programs – are not obligatory.
- The Organizer does not bear criminal and material liability for events that may occur during the course of the activities planned within the Project, especially during the Academy.
The Academy, the Follow-up meeting the Coaching and the Final event
- The duration of the Academy is 80 hours of remote workshops organized from 01.09.2020 to 09.04.2021.
- The exact dates of workshops will be published by the Organizer at least 14 days before the beginning of the Academy, however the dates can be changed during the Academy.
- The Academy will be conducted by experts at business and communication skills. The Participant is obliged to sign the attendance list at each of the classes or to prove their attendance in any other way chosen by the Organizer.
- The duration of the Follow-up meeting is 4 days (3 nights) excluding the first day for travelling and the last day for the Final event and departure. Activities are going to take place in Warsaw.
- The Organizer do not cover costs of insurance of Participants for the duration of the Academy, the Final event and travel.
- The Organizer covers costs of Accommodation and board of Participant during the Follow-up meeting and the Final event.
- The Organizer covers costs of transportation of Participant from Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Republic of Serbia – round trip ticket – up to 150 EUR. The Organizer covers costs of transportation of Participant from Poland – round trip ticket – up to 30 EUR. In case of special needs of Participants or savings in the Project, The Organizer reserves the right to cover higher cost of the tickets.
- The Organizer do not refund the cost of the ticket bought by Participants, but arranges details of the travel, buy tickets and send them forward to participants.
- If Participant lose the ticket, miss the travel, skip it or resign with it by own fault, the Participant will be obliged to cover the full cost of the transportation or to organize travel by her own in a way that enables participation in the whole project.
- The Participants are obliged to inform Organizer and Partners about their special needs (including dietary needs).
- The Follow-up meeting will be conducted by experts at business and communication skills. The Participant is obliged to sign the attendance list at each of the classes.
- Participants are obliged to involve in educational process as well as all preparations for the presentation on the Final Event.
- The Coaching is the 5-hours form of support to each participants.
- The exact dates of coaching meetings will be set individually by coaches and participants together according to their needs and availability.
- The Coaching can be divided at least into two 2,5-hours meetings. However, recommended duration of the support is five 1-hour meetings per participant.
- The Participant is obliged to sign the attendance list at each of the Coaching meeting.
- Participants in 5-members groups are obliged to write their conclusions and recommendations for the employers on women’s role in the labor market region.
- Participants will be informed about editorial requirements during the Project.
- Participants will be supervised in the writing process by specialists on the chosen topic, as well as Partners’ representatives.
- Participants are obliged to contact with Organizer, Partners or other supervisors to report their progress in writing process as well as to consult factual changes.
- Participants will be inform about precise deadline for submitting their chapters by Organizer and Partners, however the final date of sending finished chapter to the Organizer and Partners cannot exceed 31.01.2021.
- The Organizer provide the list of authors’ names and surnames in the publication.
- Participation in unpaid Internship program is free of charge and not obligatory.
- Organizer and Partners invite distinguished participants of the Project for internship program in own organization, according to the Participants will, competencies and needs. Each Partner supervises interns and take care of their progress.
- Organizer and Partners have a right to present external organization with the internship program in case of unexpected impossibility of implementation of the internship program by themselves.
- The duration and scope of internship programs may differ depending on the country and Partners’ offer. The internship offer is presented to the Participant by the Organizer and Partners during the Project.
- The Internships are unpaid, however the Organizer and Partners’ offers in financial remuneration for interns can be different and they can depend on individual decision of the Organizer and Partners.
- Organizer and Partners are obliged to set individual program of internships depending on competencies, professional interests and aims of participants who are willing to take part in the program.
- The Internship can be carried remotely or on-site.
- The Partners provide to interns, after completing internship program, a certificate of internship.
- The internship offer is presented to the Participant by the Organizer and Partners during the Project. The Internship will start 1st October 2020 the earliest and will last simultaneously with the Academy and the Coaching. The Internship has to be completed to the date not exceeded 9th April 2021.
- The Organizer and the Partners do not provide or cover the accommodation costs during the Internship.
- The Organizer is not responsible for the Internship at Partners’ organizations conditions, in particular the conditions of the internship agreement, which will be concluded between the Participant and the Partner, and its implementation by the parties. The Organizer also does not hold responsibility for any fees and taxes to be paid, which may be required from the Participant in connection with the Internship contract with the Partner.
- The Organizer is not liable in the event of the Participant resignation from the Internship or the factual absence during the Internship. In this situation, the Organizer may invite another Participant to complete the Internship.
- In the event of resignation from participation in the Project, from all or any part, the Organizer reserves the right to withdraw the Intern status.
Personal data and database
- The Participants and the Partners take note that the Organizer and Partners have the right to inform the media about the course of activities within the Project and irrevocably consent to it.
- The Organizer reserves the right to publish personal data and the image of the Participants, as well as interviews conducted with him in the mass media and he/she irrevocably consent to it.
- The Applicant agrees that the Organizer and Partners will process and put in the project database his personal data contained in the application, which will be used for purposes related to the organization and course of the project and other statutory activities of the Organizer. In justified cases, the data contained in the database may be made available to Partners or other prize funders, at their request. The applicant has the right to inspect and update his personal data.
- Personal data of the Applicants and Participants of the Project are processed and administrated according to the Information clause on personal data processing. Each Partner, Applicant and Participant of the Project is obliged to get acquainted with it.
- Decisions of the Committees and the Organizer in connection with the Project and the implementation of these Regulations, in particular to the qualification of the Participants to the next stages, are final and cannot be appealed from.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make a binding interpretation of the provisions of these Regulations, settle disputes related to its application and all issues related to the Project, without prejudice to the right of the Committee to decide on the qualifications of participants.
- These Regulations are available for inspection at the Organizer’s office and on its website, as well as on Partners’ websites.
- The Organizer is not responsible for the timely delivery of correspondence sent via traditional mail or electronic mail.
- In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code, the Act on the Protection of Personal Data and the Law on Copyright and Related Rights shall apply.